I found some time to reprocess the Heart Nebula images I took earlier last month. The result is an image that pops a little more with additional subtle detail. I've also included an astrometry identification of image features and a zoom of the "heart of the Heart," the Melotte 15 cluster.
The trials, tribulations and small triumphs of a Charlotte, NC astronomer imaging under Bortle 8/9 skies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 Hours of WR 134 with the Seestar S50
This image is a 20+ hour integration on WR 134, which is a highly energetic Wolf-Rayet star. The blue shockwave is oxygen ionized by the int...
-
I had a couple of emails asking how to defork an ETX telescope. The ETX 90 and ETX 125 were optically superb scopes, but the mounts left a...
-
M17, the Omega Nebula (among other names). M17 is one of the brightest and most massive stellar nurseries in the galaxy. The open cluster o...
-
The ZEQ25 doing its stuff on a cold night--imaging the Orion Nebula with an 8 inch f/4 astrograph. Note the lovely Christmas rug :) As ...



No comments:
Post a Comment