I decided to try for some of the more challenging objects on the Sharpless list. This is an image of Sh2-263 (the Raspberry Nebula) in Orion. Most images of this object are integrations of 24 hours or more. I thought I would see if I could pull anything out with a much shorter integration time. Looking at the raw stack of 175 x 20s integrations, I was not hopeful. There was nothing to be seen. However, a little histogram stretching and an image appeared! It's not as good as those super long integrations, but it is in the same ballpark.
The trials, tribulations and small triumphs of a Charlotte, NC astronomer imaging under Bortle 8/9 skies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 Hours of WR 134 with the Seestar S50
This image is a 20+ hour integration on WR 134, which is a highly energetic Wolf-Rayet star. The blue shockwave is oxygen ionized by the int...
-
I had a couple of emails asking how to defork an ETX telescope. The ETX 90 and ETX 125 were optically superb scopes, but the mounts left a...
-
M17, the Omega Nebula (among other names). M17 is one of the brightest and most massive stellar nurseries in the galaxy. The open cluster o...
-
The ZEQ25 doing its stuff on a cold night--imaging the Orion Nebula with an 8 inch f/4 astrograph. Note the lovely Christmas rug :) As ...

No comments:
Post a Comment