Sunday, August 25, 2024

Two Versions of M27

 Here are two images of M27. One (the slightly less saturated image) is the result from a stack totaling 3.75 hours of integration time. I was quite pleased with the result, and I noticed some faint rings of gas beyond the main nebula. They were visible in stretches where the cire was overblown and the backgound overly bright. I thought I would try a longer integration time to see if I could pull them out. The result is the second image (smaller of the two), which has a total of 5.6 hours of integration (I had more frames to stack, but the number was beyond the current capabilites of Siril and I didn't feel like integrating the workaround in the Sitil script I use). I'm not sure which image I like more. The 5.6 hour image has marginally more contrast, but the faint gas clouds were no more visible and required a bright background to be seen. I'm thinking about getting a trial of Pixinsight to see what it can pull put of the stack :)







No comments:

Post a Comment