Thursday, August 8, 2024

A Quickly Processed Seestar Image of M 16

 I’m visiting my daughter in Northern Indiana. She lives in the country and has a horizon and skies I can only dream of in Charlotte. M16 is a popular target, but impossible for me to image at fro my home observatory due to trees. The Seestar is the perfect travel scope, and it did not disappoint. Here is an image captured last night. It is a 1.5 hour Seestar stack, processed on my phone with Adobe PS Express. I will capture more data and do my full, Siril-based processing workflow, but I thought I’d post this image to show what 5 mins of processing can do with a Seestar jpeg.



No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Hours of WR 134 with the Seestar S50

This image is a 20+ hour integration on WR 134, which is a highly energetic Wolf-Rayet star. The blue shockwave is oxygen ionized by the int...