The trials, tribulations and small triumphs of a Charlotte, NC astronomer imaging under Bortle 8/9 skies.
Sunday, October 20, 2024
The Fireworks Galaxy
I’ve never been happy with the images I’ve taken of NGC 6946, aka the Fireworks Galaxy, even those taken with the big rig. This image is a little better than most I have managed. It’s around 6 hours of integration time, including 75 minutes of narrowband integrations, which didn’t really contribute much to the image. It was stacked and processed in Siril, Affinity, and Topaz.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 Hours of WR 134 with the Seestar S50
This image is a 20+ hour integration on WR 134, which is a highly energetic Wolf-Rayet star. The blue shockwave is oxygen ionized by the int...
-
I had a couple of emails asking how to defork an ETX telescope. The ETX 90 and ETX 125 were optically superb scopes, but the mounts left a...
-
M17, the Omega Nebula (among other names). M17 is one of the brightest and most massive stellar nurseries in the galaxy. The open cluster o...
-
The ZEQ25 doing its stuff on a cold night--imaging the Orion Nebula with an 8 inch f/4 astrograph. Note the lovely Christmas rug :) As ...

No comments:
Post a Comment