Saturday, July 14, 2012

Observatory--continued...



I began work out at the observatory site today.  This is the frame for the building with the moisture barrier.  The wind was pretty strong and the moisture barrier was blowing around. I'll wait until the floor is secured before I finalize its installation.  It was a real example of Murphy's Law that work had to abandoned due to thunder and lightning after weeks of dry weather.  The storm, however, brought no rain but I had to leave the site--being without shelter on the nighest point in the county was not the safest place to be during a thunderstorm!  The ground is rather stony and it proved impossible to get the earth anchors in place.  I'll try again tomorrow, weather and schedule permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Hours of WR 134 with the Seestar S50

This image is a 20+ hour integration on WR 134, which is a highly energetic Wolf-Rayet star. The blue shockwave is oxygen ionized by the int...